Email recommendations is an add-on for Voyado Elevate Cloud customers that enables the same personalized recommendations a visitor may see on a site, directly in their email inbox, configured and tested via the Voyado Elevate Email app.
Email recommendations includes several powerful features for customization in an easy to use interface in the Voyado Elevate Email app.
- Create custom product display templates
- Define products to be included or excluded for each campaign
- Choose recommendation types per campaign
- Test and preview templates and campaigns with real data
- Smart image caching
- View campaign statistics
The Email recommendations delivers recommendations based on the algorithms of five panels already available with Elevate.
- Top sellers panel - Uses aggregated data from all visitor interactions and purchases to produce a top seller list. Typically used with certain filters applied.
- Recommend based on customer panel - Uses the visitor's behavior from a retailer's site to generate recommendations. Typical data points include products that visitor has viewed, clicked, added to a cart, or purchased.
- Recommend based on product panel - Uses a list of base products and aggregated data from all visitor activity from a retailers site to recommend products which are likely to be bought along with the base products. Products that are added to the shopping cart during the most recent visitor session are automatically filtered out of the result. Typically used with certain filters applied.
- Recommend based on favorites panel - Uses a list of base products that a visitor have marked as a favorite. Typically used with certain filters applied.
- Abandoned carts panel - Uses a list of base products that were added by a visitor to a shopping cart which did not lead to a purchase. The abandoned base products can be included in the recommendations if desired.
Apple Mail Privacy Protection (MPP)¶
As of September 2021 and the release of iOS 15 that includes the Apple Mail Privacy Protection (MPP), recommendations and recommendation generation for users of iOS devices will be affected. This may include:
- Increased use of resources for recommendation generation - A device with MPP will open the email at the time of the arrival, and not when it is opened by the user. Meaning, that recommendations will be generated for all emails, and not only for the ones opened by a user.
- Spent recommendations - There is no longer a method to track the time of when an email is opened. This may result in recommendations no longer being valid.
- Obsolete recommendations - There is no longer a guarantee that products shown in an iOS device are in stock.
- Tracking - All images are fetched using a proxy, which affects the possibility to track the device.
- Statistics - The statistics regarding opened emails and displays are affected and should be considered misleading.