Email recommendations is an add-on for Voyado Elevate clients that provides personalized recommendations within emails to customers.
Email recommendations includes several powerful features for customization in an easy to use interface in the Voyado Elevate Email app.
- Create custom product display templates
- Define products to be included or excluded for each campaign
- Choose recommendation types per campaign
- Test and preview templates and campaigns with real data
- Smart image caching
- View campaign statistics
The Email recommendations support four different types of recommendation algorithms:
Uses aggregated data from all visitor interactions and purchases, product event data such as stock levels, product information such as newness and the selected business exposure strategy to produce the most relevant products. Typically used with filters.
Uses the visitor's behavior from a retailer's site to generate personalized recommendations. Typical data points include products that visitor has viewed, clicked or purchased.
Uses a list of base products and aggregated data from all visitor activity from a retailers site to recommend products which are likely to be bought along with the base products. Typically used with filters.
Uses a list of base products that a visitor have marked as a favorite. Typically used with certain filters applied.
Apple Mail Privacy Protection (MPP)¶
As of September 2021 and the release of iOS 15 that includes the Apple Mail Privacy Protection (MPP), recommendations and recommendation generation for users of iOS devices will be affected. This may include:
- Increased use of resources for recommendation generation - A device with MPP will open the email at the time of the arrival, and not when it is opened by the user. Meaning, that recommendations will be generated for all emails, and not only for the ones opened by a user.
- Spent recommendations - There is no longer a method to track the time of when an email is opened. This may result in recommendations no longer being valid.
- Obsolete recommendations - There is no longer a guarantee that products shown in an iOS device are in stock.
- Tracking - All images are fetched using a proxy, which affects the possibility to track the device.
- Statistics - The statistics regarding opened emails and displays are affected and should be considered misleading.
Voyado will continue to work to mitigate functionality lost due to MPP. For more information, contact Voyado Elevate Support.